Monday, November 19, 2012

And you thought I'd waited too long last time! That'll Show Ya!

Hey guess what?
Summer's over. Fall quarter's nearly over. And I haven't posted one word.

I wish I could say it's because I've been so busy, but mostly it's because I hate writing about myself when I could be writing fantastical fiction.

So yeah. Sorry.

So much has happened that I have to give a quick summary:
  • Looks like I'll be studying abroad at Kobe University this Spring/Summer
  • I loved my summer job, though the loneliness was tough
  • I want to look into more tourism/museum jobs because I loved it so much
  • I would also like to work at an embassy or consulate at some point to see what it's like
  • I want to also potentially give tutoring in english to Japanese, but that could probably happen while I am actually in Japan
  • My classes ate me alive through the first half of the quarter, though things are finally starting to look up
  • Fourth-Year Japanese is impossible to 4.0, even if you're a Developmental Bilingual in Japanese, who one of the people in my class is. (Developmental Bilingual means that you grew up speaking two languages, in this case English and Japanese)
  • I am hopefully not failing fourth-year, but the jury's still out on that one
  • I won't be able to take fourth-year next quarter so I'll be making my own little Japanese study based vaguely on what we've been doing in class this quarter.
  • I do, however, love my fourth-year Japanese prof. She's great. And nicer than third year's prof. I had the best TA ever for third year though, which made life tolerable.
  • I am sort of keeping my life under control, though the same cannot be said for my desk space and bed.
  • I have not had as much time to cook as I would like
  • My best friend and another really good friend are up here in Seattle with me now and it makes my heart sing.
  • I wish I had more time to write. I would threaten to do the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, where you aspire to write a 50,000 word novel in the month of November), but it's already the 19th and well, no. It's not going to happen.
  • I finally showed someone besides myself one of my songs that I wrote the lyrics to and also came up with a tune. Now I just have to figure out how to guitar and keyboard and drum it (synthesizer?) and record myself  (and autotune so it sounds reasonable) and then possibly I will put it somewhere for people to hear.
  • I have other songs. I would like to do something with them at one point but not now.
  •  This is the most convoluted bullet point list ever because it's basically a stream-of-consciousness list at this point.
  • I probably should have skipped the bullets, but it's too late now.
  • I'm just glad I didn't number this list or things could have really gone south.
  • ANYway.
  • I can't think of anything else at the moment
So there you have it. My most recent post, in all its lameness. Sorry for the long wait, and I know this totally wasn't worth the wait. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me, bloggy blog.

1 comment:

  1. ...and she re-emerges! :) Thanks for the update. Just yesterday I was wondering what you were up to right now. I would love to hear your song(s?) if you get them all recorded - keep us posted! (No pun intended :)

    ReplyDelete